Are you looking for an inexpensive and healthy smoothie recipe to make you feel energized? The Strawberry and Banana Smoothie with yogurt recipe is perfect for this! With the help of this fruit and yogurt smoothie, you will be able to drink up to 1/4 cup of fruit or vegetables a day, which is an essential part of a balanced diet.
Smoothies are great for breakfast or as a midday snack. The best way to start your day is in the morning. It is easy to prepare, and you can have fresh ingredients at hand for a healthy breakfast. This smoothie has been my go-to for a long time, even before I started working on this blog.
Traditional strawberry and banana smoothie with yogurt
Our strawberry banana smoothie with yogurt is a must if you enjoy smoothies like we do! It is nutrient-rich, naturally sweetened, and absolutely delicious. This is why we adore it:
- All the ingredients in this fruit smoothie are real, whole foods. No sweet additions or purées.
- With real fruit as the natural sweetener, this recipe contains no additional sugar of any type.
- Gluten-Free- Without even striving, it is naturally gluten-free!
- Kid-Friendly- I say that’s definitely kid-friendly when the meal tastes like dessert.
What will you need?
All you need for this healthy strawberry banana smoothie are five simple ingredients.
- Frozen strawberries: Because frozen fruit will give your smoothie a lovely, thick consistency, we suggest frozen strawberries.
- Ripe banana: Fresh bananas are so helpful in making this delicious Strawberry and Banana Smoothie with yogurt.
- Greek yogurt: We may be selective, but we really enjoy Greek yogurt in smoothies. In spite of adding protein, it will also make your smoothie extremely creamy!
- Vanilla extract: A bit of vanilla brings out all the tastes.
- Almond milk: Any type of milk that works, including almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, or normal milk, all are good replacements.
- Honey: We love adding honey to this smoothie for a touch of sweetness. Also, honey adds extra nutrients.
How to make a strawberry banana smoothie with yogurt
Blend everything in a high-speed mixer until it is completely smooth. If necessary, add milk or honey to the mixture. Pour into a glass, then CHEERS!
Tips For Making Smoothies Ahead
The smoothie can be blended up to a day in advance and kept in a jar that is airtight in the refrigerator. The better, the less air.
- If prepared in advance and freeze. Following the recipe’s instructions, make the smoothie, pour it into an ice cube tray, and freeze it for up to three months. When you’re ready to consume, add a little water or almond milk to the blender along with the ice cubes from the smoothie.
- Pour the smoothie into mason jars that can be frozen after being prepared as recommended. For a maximum of three months, store sealed jars in the freezer. Before serving, let the food thaw overnight in the fridge.
How many calories in a strawberry banana smoothie
A strawberry banana smoothie’s calorie count could vary on the ingredients and serving size. One cup of strawberries, one medium banana, and one cup of low-fat yogurt combined to make a basic strawberry banana smoothie usually have between 200 and 300 calories. The calorie count could increase if sweets, liquids, or yogurt with more calories are added. To get the exact amount of calories in your particular smoothie, you need to take note of the types and amounts of the components you use.
More favorite recipes you may try:
Strawberry and Banana Smoothie with yogurt
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 ounces Greek yogurt
- ¼ – ½ cup almond, cashew or oat milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- Add all strawberryes and bananas, yogurt, almond milk, vanilla extract, and honey to a high speed blender.
- For a completely smooth texture, blend the ingredients for 2-4 minutes. When necessary, add more milk to get the right texture.
- Add ice cubes, serve immediately and enjoy!
- Use Ripe Fruits: Opt for ripe strawberries and bananas to ensure natural sweetness and the best flavor in your smoothie.
- Frozen Fruit: Using frozen strawberries and bananas can create a thicker and colder smoothie without the need for ice while preserving the flavor and nutrients.
- Yogurt Choice: Choose plain or Greek yogurt for added creaminess, protein, and probiotics. Avoid overly sweetened yogurts to control the sugar content.
- Liquid Balance: To achieve your desired consistency, adjust the amount of liquid you add. Start with a smaller amount and gradually add more as needed while blending.
- Liquid Options: Consider using milk (dairy or plant-based), coconut water, or even aloe vera juice as your liquid base for extra nutrients and flavor.
- Protein Boost: Enhance the nutritional value by adding a scoop of protein powder, chia seeds, or nut butter for added protein and healthy fats.
- Greens Addition: Sneak in some spinach or kale for an extra boost of vitamins and minerals without significantly altering the taste.
- Natural Sweeteners: If additional sweetness is desired, opt for natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, or dates instead of refined sugars.
Frequently asked questions
Are strawberry banana smoothies healthy?
Strawberry banana smoothies can be a healthy option when made with the right ingredients. Strawberries are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber, which can contribute to overall health. Bananas provide potassium, vitamin C, and dietary fiber. When you use natural yogurt or milk, you can add protein and calcium to your smoothie.
Are strawberry banana smoothies good for you?
Yes, strawberry banana smoothies can be good for you. They offer a blend of vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber from strawberries, along with potassium and vitamin C from bananas. These nutrients support overall health. However, the healthiness of the smoothie depends on its ingredients. Opt for natural yogurt or milk, avoid excessive added sugars, and consider including greens for an extra nutritional boost.
Are strawberry banana smoothies good for weight loss?
Strawberry banana smoothies can be part of a weight loss plan if made with low-calorie ingredients and portion control. Using unsweetened yogurt or milk and avoiding added sugars can help keep the calorie count in check.
Is strawberry banana smoothie good for diabetics?
For diabetics, consuming a strawberry banana smoothie requires careful consideration of ingredients and portion sizes. The natural sugars in strawberries and bananas can affect blood sugar levels. Opt for lower-sugar fruits, like berries, and use unsweetened yogurt or milk. Including sources of protein and healthy fats can help slow down the absorption of sugars.
Is strawberry banana smoothie healthy for pregnancy?
Yes, strawberry banana smoothies can be a healthy option during pregnancy when made with safe ingredients. Strawberries provide essential vitamins and antioxidants, while bananas offer potassium and dietary fiber. Using pasteurized yogurt or milk is recommended to avoid any potential risks associated with unpasteurized products. Including a source of protein, like Greek yogurt, can contribute to balanced nutrition.
The Strawberry and Banana Smoothie with yogurt is a delightful and nutritious blend that offers a perfect balance of sweet and creamy flavors. This cool drink not only tempts the taste buds, but it also offers plenty of probiotics, vitamins, and minerals.
This smoothie is a delicious and healthy option that appeals to both adults and kids, whether it serves as a quick breakfast, a post-workout refresher, or a filling snack. It’s a wonderful method for increasing the amount of fruits and dairy in your diet while still enjoying a tasty treat because of its vibrant colors and tasty flavor.